Our latest Generation II body/chassis kit is the most comprehensive package on the market. This our latest chassis is designed to take the later Jaguar XJ40 running gear with AK’s own tubular top and bottom front wishbones and rear bottom wishbones. The body is pre-fitted to the chassis and all internal panels (inner wheel arches, tub and boot) bonded into place. The doors and bonnet are all pre-hung to ensure the correct fit. No fibreglass and resin skills required. Engine and gearbox mounts are welded to the chassis and roll bar mounts pre-fitted to customer requirements. The chassis is then powder coated in satin black.
Generation II Body/chassis kit
- Ladder type chassis with partial backbone and full steel lowered floors
- Body finished in grey gel coat (colours as double gel finish available as an optional extra)
- Scuttle hoop bonded in to full inner tub
- Body temporarily bolted to chassis with doors and bonnet pre-hung
- Top and bottom radiator frame
- Modified XJ40 front uprights – (exchange)
- Tubular top and bottom wishbones – (front)
- Engine and gearbox mounting plates
- Wiper motor bracket (fitted to scuttle hoop)
- Steering column bracket ( fitted to scuttle hoop)
- Available as LHD
- Handbrake mounting bracket
- Tubular bottom wishbone – (rear)
- Shortened drive shafts (exchange)
- Roll bar mountings
- Seatbelt mountings
- Front and rear nudge bar mountings
- Dashboard with glovebox fitted (blank)
- Interior trim panels
- Rear diff support arms
- Heater collector box
- All body holes marked or pre-cut
- Holes drilled and tapped for door locks
- Build Manual on CD
ROLLING CHASSIS OPTION
The rolling chassis is made up of our body/ chassis kit ( either the Generation II or Generation III as per your specification), but supplied and fitted with all the running gear and other parts as listed to get you started with the basic mechanics in place your ready for the next stage of the build. See the full list of parts included in your rolling chassis…
- AK 427 Cobra body/chassis kit ( Generation II or Generation III only)
- Reclaimed serviced/overhauled Jaguar running gear ( XJ40) front and back all finished in satin black. With factory fitted wishbone bushes.
- Exchanged front and rear callipers all will be plated
- Engine bay clad in stainless steel
- Set of (4 shocks on the Generation II or Generation III XJ40) and springs (adjustable ride height and damping)
- Power steering rack with track rod ends.
- Brake lines all fitted using BS copper brake pipe also s/s brake flexies to front & rear callipers
- 14 gallon fuel tank complete swirl pot supplied where required and fitted
- Fuel line fitted from tank to the engine
- Cooling system complete with new 3 core aliminium radiator plumbed in to AK stainless steel header tank, 16″ Pacet fan & stat.
- Body shell will be temporarily fitted to the chassis with the bonnet and doors pre-hung
- CUSTOMER TO SUPPLY build up wheels to make it rolling.
- 12 months warranty on all parts and labour from the date that the vehicle is on the road
- AK also offer to drop your engine and gearbox into place for a small additional fee if you have them sent to us, which saves you buying or borrowing an engine hoist for this task.
GENERATION II ROLLING CHASSIS £13636 + VAT
IF LS ENGINE BEING FITTED EXTRA – £65 + VAT
LHD AVAILABLE FOR ABOVE EXTRA – £110 + VAT
CHASSIS POWDER COAT – SILVER £310 + VAT
Other colours available POA
GEL COAT – 2nd COAT COLOUR £390 + VAT
ESTIMATE FOR AK TO FIT CUSTOMER SUPPLIED ENGINE AND GEARBOX INTO ROLLING CHASSIS – £600 + VAT